Get A Start With Summer With ILA Vietnam
If you are looking for full-time teaching opportunities starting this summer, come to Vietnam. ILA has teaching positions starting in May or June, with 9 to 12 month contracts available. ILA offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages, word-class facilities as well as exceptional support and development and volunteer opportunities.
Why Choose Vietnam?
Few countries can offer ELT teachers a lifestyle that compares to Vietnam as well as the opportunity to immerse themselves in a truly diverse culture. Vietnamese people are warm and hospitable and teaching in Vietnam is made extremely positive by the cultural appreciation of learning and profound respect for teachers.
The cost of living is low, which means you can enjoy a fantastic standard of living whilst still saving money. The choices of lifestyle opportunities are immense. In the daytime there is a large array of activities such as shopping, going to the spa, seeing historical sights, or taking a day trip. You can stay healthy by playing football, going swimming, doing yoga, joining a five-star gym ($50 usd) or have a relaxing full-body massage ($4 usd).
Every night you can choose a different restaurant to dine in, from Vietnamese cuisine to one of the largest selections of international fare in Asia. If you enjoy a drink in the evening, there are plenty of bars, clubs and breweries to choose from. All of this is at a fraction of the cost of back home.
Vietnam has an extensive coastline which means the beach is never far away and opportunities for diving, surfing and other beach activities are extensive. Vietnam is also home to two World Heritage sights, Ha Long Bay and Hoi An. The Central Highlands are famous for their cool mountainous climate, numerous minority groups, and spectacular waterfalls. Furthermore, travel throughout Asia is easy; the number of reliable and inexpensive flight carriers means that there’s no shortage of choice of exciting, exotic, regional destinations, all just a few hours away.
Why Choose ILA?
ILA Vietnam is Vietnam’s leading English language training organisation. We currently have seven training centres, with four centres in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Vung Tau, and we are growing steadily.
We currently teach over 9,500 students and employ over 190 expatriates in a wide range of teaching, academic management and administrative positions.
Our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality and this is reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management.
What Positions are Available?
ILA Vietnam is seeking ELT professionals for the following positions:
• General English to Adults and Young Learners
• Exam Preparation (IELTS and TOEFL)
• Corporate ELT Programmes
Remuneration and Benefits
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package to teachers, which is based on qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Highly competitive monthly salary
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Paid national holidays (approximately 10 days per annum)
• Contract completion payment
• Contract re-signing allowance
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA’s charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
• Option to take one of our Cambridge Teacher Training Courses; CELTA (Certificate in English Language Training to Adults), CELTYL (Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners) and DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
What are the Opportunities for Charitable Work?
ILA prides itself on being involved with and giving something back to the local community and has therefore established the ILA Community Network. Staff and employees can volunteer in charitable projects that include both fundraising events and volunteering options at shelters, orphanages, or the Cancer Hospital.
Please visit our website at http://www.ilavietnam.com/about/community.asp?lang=eng for more information.
To work at ILA Vietnam, teachers need:
1) University degree: This must be a 3 year undergraduate degree or higher
2) To be a native English speaker
3) A qualification in English Language Teaching (CELTA or equivalent):
Your certification must be from a recognised provider and be a minimum of a 4 week
Course and have an observed teaching component with feedback. Any on-line
certificates or distance learning will not be counted towards certification unless they
contain a substantial classroom component.
I’m Interested! How Do I Apply?
Please forward by email the following to our recruitment department: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Full CV, dated and with references
2. Copy of passport page with details and photograph.
3. Soonest realistic start date
For further information about ILA Vietnam, available positions, or volunteer opportunities, visit our website at http://www.ilavietnam.com/careers